Managing Academic Goals and Important Communication
This year, the third grade students will be utilizing MAGIC binders. Their binders will go home every night and contain their take home folder, weekly spelling menu, homework planner, 40 book challenge log, imporant prayer sheet, and thier charater traking calander. It is each student's responsiblity to keep their binder neat and organized.
It is very important for third graders to have thier addition and subtraction math facts from 1-20 memorized! Since we are beginning mulitipication this year, it is important for the students to show that they have mastered these facts in order to have a smooth tranisition to mulitiplacation. Please continue to review additon and subtraction facts a few nights a week with your child to ensure they are mastered. Thank you!
Star Of the Week:
Every student wil have the opportunity to be honored as the Star of the Week! During your child's special week, they will have special privleges as well as the opportunity to share informaion about themselves with his or her classmates.
Shedule of Events:
The Star of the Week Poster will be hanging in our classroom. (Students decorated thier posters during the first week of school.)
The selected student will be the line leader for the week.
- Star of the Week poster will be shared with the class during Morning Meeting.
- Students are permitted to bring in 3-4 photos to share with the class. The photos can be anything that the student wants to share with the class: family photo, baby picture, sports picture, family vacation, etc. The photos should be in a plastic bag that is labeled with the student's name and will be returned on Friday.
- The student will be given the special privilege to be the Teacher's Assistant for the Day. The student will put their desk next to my desk and assist with classroom tasks.
- The student will get to sit in our classroom's cozy bean bag chair throughout the day! This chair already is popular in our classroom and it will be the Star of the Week's special privelege.
- Our class will honor our Star of the Week by writing him or her a special message during Morning Meeting. The student will get to bring the message home with them.
- The student will recieve their Star of the Week Certificate and bracelet.
Lunch Bunch: At the end of each month, the 4 students who were honored as the Student of the Week each month will get to eat their lunch with me in the classroom. I will provide a special treat this day!
Star of the Week Schedule:
9/19- 9/23- Becky N.
9/26- 9/30- Logan C.
10/3- 10/7- Riley S.
10/10- 10/14- Sean O.
10/24- 10/28- Alex G.
11/14-11/18- Emerson F.
11/28-12/2- Michael J.
12/3-12/9- Brady P.
12/12-12/16 Sofia C.
1/9- 1/13- Arman G.
1/23- 1/27- Katie K.
1/30- 2/3- Kenneth F.
2/13- 2/17- Maysen S.
2/27-3/3- Kevin C.
2/6- 3/10- Joy T.
3/13-3/17- Matthew M.
3/27- 3/31- Bree M.
3/27- 3/31- Sammy K.
4/3- 4/7- Alexa E.
4/24- 4/28- Joe M.
5/1-5/6- Meghan K.
5/8- 5/12- Ashley K.