February Book Report
Creating a Cereal Box
Due: Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
Choose Your Book:
Select a picture or chapter book about the life of a president of the United States. When you finish reading your book, complete the following project. The completed project and rubric must be returned by Wednesday, February 8, 2017.
Creating your Cereal Box
Directions: You will need one cereal box.
- On the front of the cereal box **YOU** will draw a picture of the president you chose and create a cereal name based on the chosen president. (Example: Lincoln’s Lucky Charms) Draw your picture on construction paper and then glue the construction paper to the front of the box. Be Creative! Use Glitter, cereal, foam shapes, whatever! ** It is important that this is the child’s work.
- On the back of the cereal box you will write eight important facts, in complete sentences, about your chosen president. These are facts you learned from reading your book. List the president and the book title on the Back of the box. Please write your facts on lined theme paper and then glue the lined paper to the back of the cereal box.
- On one of the sides of the cereal box, you will list six character traits that describe your chosen president.
- On the Second side of the box draw a picture of a “Prize Inside.” This should be something that relates to the president. For example: George Washington: A dollar bill in every box!
- Each child will give an oral presentation on their chosen president. Practice, practice and practice reading your facts.
- Neatness does count! Print your facts neatly and check for spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. AGAIN, all facts must be in complete sentences.
- The children do not need an additional book summary.
IF YOU NEED A COPY OF THE DIRECTIONS OR SCORING RUBRIC, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK, "CLASSROOM FORMS."