June 12, 2016
As we say goodbye to St. Dorothy School for the summer, September seems to be a lifetime away. However, we know the infamous “Back-to-School” sales will begin in just a few short weeks. In order for you to be prepared to take advantage of these sales, we are sending home a list of supplies that may be purchased anywhere. (See list below.)
In addition, in September the students will need specific items from our Saint Dorothy Stationary Supplier. A letter with the cost of these items will be given to your child during the first week of school. These items include a LARGE pencil case, 3 specific copybooks, theme tablet, 3 durable folders and a plastic vinyl folder. Just a note about the LARGE pencil case: We request these because they will fit in the students’ desks. It is not necessary to send in any other pencil cases/boxes. Thanks for your cooperation. ALSO, please pickup CLEAR CONTACT PAPER that will be used to cover your child’s workbooks. These will be sent home the first week of school.
Again, the above mentioned school/grade specific items will be purchased through our stationary supplier.
SECOND GRADE NEEDED SUPPLY ITEMS
THESE SHOULD BE SENT IN THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
CLEARLY LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME
- Safety Scissors
- 24 count Box of Crayons (No larger please)
- 6 to 8 Sharpened pencils and erasers
- 2 small glue sticks or 1 large NOTE: These will need to be replaced frequently throughout the year.
- 1 Bottle of White Glue
- OPTIONAL: Washable Markers (Thick or thin)
- 1- 12 inch/centimeter ruler (Wooden if possible)
- YELLOW highlighter
- 2 RED pens or pencils (For checking work)
- 2 to 3 dry erase marker (LOW ODOR) Suggested colors: red, black, blue and green. No neon colors please.
- An OLD SOCK ~ This will be an eraser for the dry erase board and will hold their dry erase markers.
- Watercolor paints for Art class (8 ct or 16 ct)
- A 1 inch binder (with clear outer cover to hold a “Cover Page”)
- 6 Clear plastic sleeves to hold papers in the binder (sleeve protectors)
- 1 Pack of Xerox paper ( white )
- EAR BUDS (not headphones) in a baggie marked with your child’s name
- CLEAR CONTACT PAPER TO COVER WORKBOOKS AT HOME.
In addition, we are also asking that each family help to supply the needed items listed below throughout the school year. In the past years, we have had every child bring these on the first day of school. We have found that it can be quiet overwhelming, as well as a “challenge” to store these needed items.
This year we will assign families at a few different times throughout the school year to send in the items listed below. A list will be sent home with the time to send these items in. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep our classrooms stocked in these necessary items.
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 1 container of Lysol or Clorox Wipes
- 1 - 12ct pack of #2 pencils
- As with all supplies, please make sure all items are clearly labeled with your child’s name. This includes “stationary” items, clothing, lunchboxes/bags and schoolbags.
Have a wonderful and relaxing summer. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to meeting you in September.
The Second Grade Teachers